Important Information Upon Intake from Families or Caregivers
By Rachel Harvey
Director of Admissions
Abbyshire Place Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center
When admitting a loved one or family member into long term or short term care, the process can become overwhelming beforehand. Our admissions department makes this ease of transition to our facility their top priority for all of those involved. We are often asked many questions about lifestyle and what information is needed. Important information that we as caregivers need to know can sometimes be overlooked. In order for us to provide our best care for each resident, we need to know as much about the residents as possible before or upon admission. Sometimes, having a list is helpful in knowing what we all need to know is a helpful reminder in preparing for an admission to our facility. Below is a list of a few important things that are most helpful when coming from home or a hospital that we as caregivers want to know.
- Dietary needs, likes and dislikes
- Contact information for family members or friends
- Preferred medical specialist and dentist
- Any Medical Power of Attorney or Guardianship paperwork
- Living will, advanced directives or other related information
- All medical information such as
- Shot records
- Previous hospital stays
- All home medications and supplements
- History of any surgeries or other medical procedures
- All home medical equipment
- Any other particular information relevant to the lifestyle of the resident
This list is helpful for all short term rehabilitation residents, long term residents, and residents for or Alzheimer’s and Dementia unit, also known as the Living Center. At Abbyshire Place, we coordinate care between all departments to ensure the best for your family member or loved one. When coming to our facility for a tour, we can provide information about our particular activities, therapy, and other schedules that may fit into the lifestyle of your family member or loved one.
To schedule a tour at Abbyshire Place Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, please call 740-446-7150 today. We are located at 311 Buckridge Road, Bidwell, OH.